Duties include but are not limited to:
- Mix and administer chemotherapy, hydration and other medications
- assesses patient and family needs
- assesses patients for changes in condition
- provides direct nursing care
- symptom management
- patient and family education and psychosocial support
- oversees the clinical operations for all nursing clinical support activities including time and labor management
- assists with staff training and in-services
- ensures nurses maintain all required competencies on an annual basis
- assists with annual performance evaluations for nursing dept staff
- assists with the review and revision of clinical policies and procedures
- participates in company wide quality initiatives
Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred. Minimum 5 years actively practicing as a registered nurse, including 3 years oncology nursing experience, experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer. Current OCN or pending certification preferred, RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state, current CPR certification required and must maintain continuing education requirements. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
FULL TIME POSITIONS: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/female/disability/vets