New York Oncology Hematology is looking for a per diem RN to support our growing team. In addition to a rewarding career in world class cancer care, we offer a supportive team environment, professional development programs, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of our patients. If you are a motivated, dedicated RN and possess the desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply via the Apply Now link.
- Mixes and administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, medication changes.
- Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols.
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and initiates appropriate action.
- Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures.
- Completes all chemotherapy charge forms.
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of pump usage.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and symptom management.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- BSN degree with at least one (1) years nursing experience and current OCN certification required. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer. RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state. Current CPR certification required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.