New York Oncology Hematology is looking for a Telephone Operator to join our growing team. In addition to a rewarding career in world class cancer care, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
- Courteously and efficiently answers all incoming calls and connects callers with the correct extension.
- Takes and relays messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to emergency and urgent calls from patients in a timely manner.
- Directs callers immediately to clinical staff as necessary.
- Performs operator functions including triaging calls; connecting and transferring calls; setting up conference calls; instructing users on telephone procedures; and reporting telephone and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate party.
- Provides a pleasant and helpful phone contact for callers.
- Responsible for opening and closing the switchboard.
- Responsible for the in-house paging system.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned to maintain workflow in the department.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Position is entry level and requires 0-3 years’ experience, preferably in a medical setting.
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.