New York Oncology Hematology is looking for a Patient Benefits Representative to join our growing team. In addition to a rewarding career in world class cancer care, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
- Prior to a patient receiving treatment; obtains insurance coverage information and demographics; educates patient on insurance coverage, benefits, co-pays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Assess patient’s ability to meet expenses and discusses payment arrangements.
- May educate patients on financial assistance programs as well as identify sources and provide assistance with completing forms.
- Based upon diagnosis, estimated insurance coverage, and financial assistance, completes Patient Cost Estimate form.
- Completes appropriate reimbursement and liability forms for patient’s review and signature.
- Forwards appropriate information and forms to billing office.
- Responsible for obtaining, from Clinical Reviewer, insurance pre-authorization or referral approval codes prior to each treatment.
- Review patient account balance and notify front desk of patients to meet with.
- Ensure that patient co-pay amount is correctly entered into system (or conveyed), allowing front desk to collect appropriately.
- At each patient visit, verifies and updates demographics and insurance coverage in computer system according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Stays current on available financial aid. Develops professional relationships with financial aid providers. Networks with financial aid providers to obtain leads to other aid programs.
- Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regards to patient's records.
- Maintains updated manuals, logs, forms, and documentation. Performs additional duties as requested.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum three (3) years patient pre-services coordinator or equivalent required. Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required. Demonstrate knowledge of CPT coding and HCPS coding application. Must be able to verbally communicate clearly and utilize the appropriate and correct terminology.
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.