New York Oncology Hematology is looking for an Infusion RN to join our growing team. In addition to a rewarding career in world class cancer care, we offer a competitive benefits package, a supportive team environment, professional development programs, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of our patients. If you are a motivated, dedicated nurse and possess the desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply via the Apply Now link.
- Mixes and administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit.
- Assesses patients for changes in condition and initiates appropriate action.
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and symptom management.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- Programs portable infusion pumps for continuous drug delivery and provides instruction to the patient and/or caregiver in the use of the pump at home.
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and medication administration in the patient chart.
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient fee slips.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred. Minimum 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in an oncology environment. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred. Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification required within 3 months of hire.
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.