New York Oncology Hematology is looking for a Patient Account Specialist to join our growing team. In addition to a rewarding career in world class cancer care, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
- Performs audits of patient accounts to ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Reviews account agings on a monthly basis and reports inconsistencies and corrects errors as appropriate.
- Contacts patients regarding delinquent accounts and arranges mutually acceptable payment schedules.
- Follows up on insurance billing to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with patients and insurance companies regarding sensitive financial matters and recapture unpaid balances.
- Receives and resolves patient billing complaints and questions; initiates adjustments as necessary; follows up on all zero payment explanations of benefits and exercises all options to obtain claim payments.
- Reviews credit balance reports for correct recipient of refund.
- Performs reconciliation of refund accounts; attaches documentation and forwards to supervisor to process refund checks.
- Identifies problems on accounts and follows through to conclusion.
- Responds to insurance companies requests for information in a prompt and professional manner.
- Reviews appropriate files to identify deceased patients and estates; verifies dollar amounts and files estate to appropriate court in a timely manner.
- Makes appropriate financial arrangements for payment of patient accounts; follows up to determine if payment arrangements are being met; contacts patients to resolve problems; responds to correspondence or telephone calls from patients about accounts.
- Reviews EOBs to ensure proper reimbursement of claims and reports any problems, issues, or payor trends to supervisor.
- Resubmits insurance claims within 72 hours of receipt.
- Participates in maintaining Payor Manuals/Profiles.
- Works closely with collection agency to assure that they receive updated information on accounts as necessary.
- Prepares write-off requests with appropriate documentation and submits to supervisor.
- Processes insurance/patient correspondence, including denial follow-up within 48 hours of receipt.
- Files all reimbursement correspondence daily.
- Works with provided aging to monitor patient account aging’s and follows up appropriately.
- Maintains confidentiality in regard to patient account status and the financial affairs of clinic/corporation.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Minimum three years’ experience in a medical business office setting with insurance processing and balancing responsibilities.
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.