New York Oncology Hematology is looking for a Medical Assistant to join our growing team. In addition to a rewarding career in world class cancer care, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
- High school graduate or equivalent. Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred. This is an entry level position requiring 1-3 years’ experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant. Current BCLS certification required within 3 months of hire. Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace.
Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.